Counter

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ONE ingredient ice cream WITHOUT an ice cream maker?

Am I skeptical?  You bet I am. According to recent information, you can freeze banana slices for two hours, then put in a blender and scrape down the sides until, you have ice cream.  My wonderfully talented sister is trying this recipe tonight and will let me know how it turns out.  If all goes well, it will be an ice cream without sugar, fat, additives, etc.  Completely vegan.  Unfortunately for me, I really do not like bananas or the taste of bananas, like strawberry banana juice, etc.  I will eat bananas in cereal or a bread because let's face it, they are super good for you.  But I will not just pick up a banana and eat one.  No thanks.

Now if it was strawberry or mint chocolate chip ice cream, well, let's talk.

I'll keep you posted, ha, that's funny, I guess that's why they call it a Post.

1 comment:

  1. Tired it last night and it was good.
    I added a little Hersheys chocolate syrup to it but it needed something else. Not sure what though.
    I:m not big on the banana thing either but it is definitely something to try to improve.
    And its healthy and different from the chemically air whipped fake "ice cream" you purchase at the store. Will keep you posted on any additional improvements that I try or hear of. Any ideas out there?

    ReplyDelete