Counter

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicken nuggets made with Progresso Panko Italian Style bread crumbs

These little morsels of wonderfulness are a little bit of work, but well worth it.   Progresso bread crumbs are always so good, I have used them for years.  Now they have Italian style panko bread crumbs.  They are crunchy and the seasonings are spot on. 
 When my grocery store has skinless/boneless chicken breast on sale, I pick up about 3 pounds.  I freeze one or two breasts and with the remainder  make chicken two ways , grilled chicken Caesar salad and chicken nuggets 

I put about 1/2 cup regular flour, 1 beaten egg, and Progresso Italian  Panko bread crumbs in three separate plates.  I cut one or two boneless chicken breasts into nugget size pieces.

Dredge chicken into flour, dip in egg, roll in bread crumbs.  Place on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes-This helps crumbs adhere to the chicken better.

Heat up 3 tablespoons olive oil in saute pan over medium heat.
Brown chicken nuggets for 3 minutes each side.

Place chicken nuggets on baking sheet and continue to cook in 350 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 180 or about 10 minutes.  
I always use my thermometer on chicken. 
Dip into your favorite sauce or slice lengthwise and mix with romaine lettuce, croutons, and Caesar dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment